How to Start a Blog and Make Money
So i am going to discuses few very important thinks that you must follow before starting a blog. If you really want to make money from blogging you have to go step by step and before you take action do research about everything which i am going to show you here.
If you will look at successful blogger you will see a lot of accuracy in there work.They are working according to some rules of their own.So what are those rules? .What you should do before starting a blog? What are those steps ?.
Do You Want To Make a Living From Your Blog Subscribe Now
Step 1: How To Choose Right Blog Topic or Niche
- * Your competitors should have more that 20k email subscribers.
- * Facebook fan pages in that topic should have more than 10k fans.
- * Twitter accounts on that topic should have more than 50k followers.
- * Google should show more than 100k searches per month.
Step 2: How To Find a Good Domain Name
Now our next step is to get a domain name. Now what exactly is a domain name ? and where to get this thing ? right ?
In simple words domain name is name of your Website like google.com or facebook.com these are domain names. In my case my domain name is azhblog.com. There are two type of domain names people often buy
Exact Match Domain Names
Exact match domain names are those which have you main keyword in you domain name like Clothes.com they have keyword cloths in their domain name.
Brand Names are those which people uses their brand name in their domain. like amazon.com they are using there brand name.
So now what type of domain you should use ? well brand names preform well as compare EMD’s so go for a brand name few suggestions i will like to give are
- * Try to choose a small name
- * Choose a name which can be remembered easily
- * Your name should be maximum 9 letters
- * Your domain name should be unique
- * Always go for dot com
Now if you have chosen your domain name its time to buy. A domain name costs 9$-16$ /yr depending upon the company from you are buying. i will suggest two companies from which you should get your domain name. Godaddy.com or namecheap.com.
Step 3: Choosing Best Blogging Platform For Your Blog
Well i will suggest using WordPress or Blogger. Now another confusion which one from these two ?. If i was going to start a new blog my blogging platform will be WordPress.
It Will be Awesome if you Know These Things
Step 4: How to Run a Successful Blog
The first and most important think in blogging is creating content. Because people will come to you blog for learning so if there is no content which is going to help them they will leave your blog instantly and result will be high bounce rate.
- * Use numbers in your heading like 101, 9 etc because they increase CTR.
- * Try to use odd numbers because they preform better.
- * Avoid those words which have multipal meanings they can confuse you reader.
- * Keep your heading less than 65 characters because google shows 65 characters only.
You can try this upworthy challenge of 25 Headline for every post you write.
2. Writing Evergreen Content
Always try to create content which teaches others. Your content should be evergreen any one reading your article even after two to three years should think this content is for him.
- * Try to create conversion in your article using You and I.
- * Give examples and make sure your readers understand what you are trying to say.
- * Use 5 to 7 images if needed / 1000 word content. Because posts having images gets 97% more shares.
- * Use 3 to 5 sub headings in your article.
- * It will be awesome if you add an infographic.
- * Be regular at publishing but make sure you publish at same time and same day.
Now its the most important part people in your email list are your real followers. There are a lot benefits on having an email list. I am going to list few of those in below points.
- * 40% of blog revenue comes from email subscribers.
- * They are your own property. Means you can advertise any time you want.
- * You are doing every thing with their permission.
- * 34% of social shares will come from email list.
- * They are your most loyal visitors.
- * More than 37% of blog comments come from email subscribers.
How to Build or Grow Your Email List
- * Always try to offer something like a course or e-book to get an email address from your visitor.
- * Add a popup box because it can increase your list by 2%.
- * Add a subscribe box to the header of your blog you can check my blog as an example.
- * Provide some checklists in the form of e-book within your posts.
- * Add a landing page on your blog.
- * From every 100 users 5 should subscribe to your email list.
Step 5: How To Make Money Through Blogging
Affiliate Marketing: If its not possible for you to make your own product or provide any service to you audience then you should try affiliate marketing.
In affiliate marketing instead of creating your own products you promote others products. If some one will buy that product from your affiliate you will get commission for that sale.
Advertising: This one is the easiest way to monetize your blog. You just have to place ads on your pages and when some one will click or engage with your ads you will get paid for that.
Few good platforms related to advertising are Adsense, buysellads , Infolinks , media dot net and many more you can check these advertising platforms which you can use to monetize your blog.